Congratulations are in order for the Nantahala Outdoor Center or ‘NOC’. They recently received the Outdoor Industry Association’s ‘Inspiration Award’ for 2012. This was the result of numerous programs and activities that the NOC supports throughout each and every year, in order to encourage folks to get outside and enjoy the outdoors.
A few of those outdoor related programs and enhancements are:
- Starting the ‘Canoe Club Challenge’
- Supporting the ‘Nantahala Kids Club’
- Being selected to host the 2013 ICF Canoe Freestyle World Championships on the Nantahala River
- Contributing to the new ‘Wave Feature’ that was recently implemented into the Nantahala River bed for the 2013 games and for free public use for future generations
- Hosting numerous other outdoor events right here in western North Carolina
We would like to say ‘thank you’ to the NOC for promoting our area of western North Carolina in a way that highlights all of our wonderful natural resources. There is no doubt that we are surrounded by a multitude of outdoor activities…. just waiting to happen.
It is also a goal of Stay And Play In The Smokies to contribute to our small towns and communities in a way that transforms our mindset into one that recognizes our natural resources for what they are, an outdoor enthusiast’s dreamland.
Come explore WNC and the NC Smokies!!! So much to do here, we can help!
Contact us for recommendations on anything and everything WNC!